VISIT US AGAIN IN 2014 FOR MORE EXCITING SPONSORED COMPETITIONS AT THE OREGON STATE FAIR!
A special thanks to The Amazing Scone Baking Race; Best Coffee in Oregon Competition (brought to you by Good Bean Coffee Company); Bob's Red Mill $1,200 Best Home-Baked Bread Contest; Gerry Frank's 54th Layered Chocolate Cake Contest; Greenbaums Quilted Forest; Dairy Farmers of Oregon; and Willamette Valley Fruit Company Marionberry Pie Eating Contest for making our competitions so successful and fun! Thank you to all that entered and judged.
See you in 2014!
Get ready to bake your best-ever scones!
It's the Amazing Scone Baking Race at the Oregon State Fair on the Americraft Cookware Stage at the Jackman-Long Building!
CONTEST: SATURDAY, AUGUST 31, 2013
TIMES: 10 AM - 12 NOON
PLACE: AMERICRAFT COOKWARE STAGE
OREGON STATE FAIR PRIZES: Rosettes will be awarded for First, Second and Third place winners in each group!
The Amazing Scone Baking Race - click for more information
Please note: These are sponsored contests, and the winners will be posted as the sponsors submit the results after Fair.
Fleischmann's Yeast has helped American families make great bread since 1868. Bake your best recipe using any type of Fleischmann's Yeast, an essential ingredient for the country's best home-bakers. Prizes of $125, $50 and $25 await the top three winners in the 1st Category. Think breads, coffee cakes and other baked goods; anything goes … any flavor, shape, size or style! The 2nd Category awards a $125 prize for the Best “Dessert Pizza” (with a home-made crust using Fleischmann’s Pizza Crust Yeast or any other type of Fleischmann’s Yeast). By participating, you join the effort to help end childhood hunger in America. For each entry, Fleischmann's Yeast (ACH Food Companies) will contribute $10 to the Share Our Strength® No Kid Hungry® Campaign.
DATE: SATURDAY, AUGUST 31, 2013
TIME: 2 PM
PLACE: CREATIVE LIVING STAGE, AMERICRAFT COOKWARE CENTER
Flavor (30%), Creativity (25%), Texture (20%), Appearance (15%), Ease of Preparation (10%)
1st Category (Baked Goods): $125 for First; $50 for Second; $25 for Third.
2nd Category (Dessert Pizza): $125 for the Best "Dessert Pizza" (One First Place).
New Entrant Award: A special prize and honor will go to one first-time contestant.
*Each winner will receive a ribbon, award certificate and apron.
• Entries must be original and baked with Fleischmann's Yeast as an ingredient (Pizza Crust Yeast, RapidRise, Active Dry, or Bread Machine). For inspiration or product information, visit www.breadworld.com or www.facebook.com/fleischmannsyeast.
• Each person can submit one entry per Category: meaning one entry for the 1st Category (anything goes: from braids, baguettes and breadsticks, to flavorful focaccia, doughnuts or coffee cake) and one entry for the 2nd Category (any dessert-type pizza with a home-made crust using Fleischmann’s Pizza Crust Yeast or any other type of Fleischmann’s Yeast). Limit one award per winner.
• Judging criteria: Flavor (30%), Creativity (25%), Texture (20%), Appearance (15%) and Ease of Preparation (10%), applies to both categories. Subject to Fair guidelines, entrants may assemble their pre-made entries on-site and/or ask that their entries be warmed for judging.
• The New Entrant Award winner – selected at the Fair's discretion – should be a first-time contestant and should not also be a winner from the 1st or 2nd Category. Contest is open to entrants of all ages, subject to Fair guidelines.
· Recipes should be named, unpublished and the sole property of entrant. Submit your clear/typed recipe that matches your pre-baked entry (illegible recipes may be disqualified), with a Fleischmann's Yeast product label or proof of purchase and your contact information. Be specific with recipe directions, measurements and sizes of pans, packages, cans, etc. Winning recipes should be able to be successfully reproduced in the Test Kitchens of ACH Foods.
· Participating fairs are pre-selected by Fleischmann’s Yeast and ACH Foods (ACH). Each Fair selects their judges for this competition and applies the judging criteria. Their decisions are final.
• All recipes entered become the property of ACH. By participating, contestants agree that ACH may edit, adapt, copyright, publish and use any or all of them including for publicity, promotion, or advertising in any form of media, including websites, without compensation to you. This includes publishing winner names, images and city/state of residence, in any form of media, including websites, videos, photographs, etc. Employees of ACH, its affiliates and agencies, or family members of such, are not eligible to compete.
· Taxes on prizes are the responsibility of the winner. Contest is void where prohibited or otherwise regulated by law.
· No 2012 Fleischmann’s Yeast 1st Place winners are eligible to compete in 2013.
240 Commercial Street NE, Salem, OR 97301
503-363-7973 – Sylvia@quiltedforest.com
It's here! It's easy! Come see how you can participate in Greenbaum's new contest, the Green Gables Challenge! Download the PDF Entry Form and Guidelines.
Entry deadline has been extended to August 10, 2013, so hurry and enter today!
DATE: SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2013
TIME: 2 PM
PLACE: AMERICRAFT COOKWARE STAGE AT THE JACKMAN-LONG BUILDING
FIRST PLACE winner will be awarded a $250 Macy's Gift Card, and a party for 6 at Gerry Frank's Konditorei.
THANK YOU to the Dairy Farmers of Oregon for their generous donation of delicious ICE COLD MILK!
Thank you for MACY'S for sponsoring the contest!
Thank you to Brett Harris, Food Services of America, for sponsoring cake for the contest!
ABOUT GERRY FRANK
Gerry’s love of chocolate is recognized by legions. September 2013 marks the 54th year of the Gerry Frank Chocolate Layer Cake Contest at the Oregon State Fair for which he has been the sole judge. Well known to Salemites especially, Gerry is co-owner of Gerry Frank’s Konditorei, a gourmet cake shop and restaurant, in Salem.
Frank is well known for his Oregonian column and as a former commentator for KPTV-12’s Good Day, Oregon and Northwest Reports and AM Northwest for KATU. His best-selling guidebook, “Where to Find It, Buy It, Eat It in New York,” has sold over one million copies and guided thousands throughout the tangles of Manhattan. The updated 17th edition was published in September, 2011.
Look for "Gerry Frank’s Oregon”, a compilation of Gerry’s Oregonian columns with historical state and Frank family treasured stories from the 19th to the 21st centuries.
Sponsored by the Dairy Farmers of Oregon
SUNDAY, AUGUST 25, 2013, AT 3 PM
A popular contest that invites Fairgoers young and old to drink deep from a glass of dairy goodness in an effort to create their very own “milk mustache!” Contestants are grouped by age. The State Dairy Princess Ambassador selects the best milk mustaches. All participants receive a prize, and the winners receive special awards! Oregon Dairy Products Commission provides the milk; YOU provide the mustache!
Sponsored by the Dairy Farmers of Oregon
SATURDAY, AUGUST 31, 2013, AT 1 PM
Ready, set, go! How fast can you chug-a-lug a carton of milk? An old fashioned drinking game for kids and adults! When the Dairy Princess Ambassador gives the signal, see who can open and drink their milk the fastest! Sign up quickly – only the first 20 contestants will be eligible to participate. Enter to win fun prizes!
|Ages 6-11||The first 20 children in this age group will be given one (1) sealed ½ pint of milk to see who can open and consume their milk the fastest upon our Dairy Princess Ambassador’s signal.|
|Ages 12 and up||The first 20 contestants in this age group will be given (3) sealed ½ pints of milk to see who can open and consume their milk the fastest upon our Dairy Princess Ambassador’s signal.|
WILLAMETTE VALLEY FRUIT CO.'S
MARIONBERRY PIE EATING CONTEST at the 2013 OREGON STATE FAIR!
Saturday, August 31, and Sunday, September 1, 2013
11 am - 1 pm